Nigerian Salad is very delicious and outstanding. It is very rich because it is full of different vegetables which make it very healthy and nutritious. It can be eaten alone or as a side dish accompanied with rice, Moi moi, pasta, noodles etc. In most Naija weddings and food spots, salad is a must have. This particular salad I am making today is for people who want to avoid mayonnaise or salad cream and also lose some weight, it is very simply and the ingredients are accessible, you can even use left overs from veggies at home.
What you’ll need:
- Lettuce ( 1 small bunch)
- 4 medium sized Carrots
- 3 medium sized Tomatoes
- Cucumber (1 medium size)
- Ripe Avocado (1 medium size)
- 1 egg
- Assembly all the vegetables in a bowl, add water and salt to remove germs, allow for 10 minutes then wash again 2 times, scrape the carrots.
- Slice the Lettuce, tomato, and cucumber
- Shred the carrots into thin strips with a hand grater
- Boil egg and slice
- Add the sliced Lettuce into a bowl, add the carrots, tomatoes, cucumber and egg.
- Cut the avocado into two halves, scoop out and add into the vegetables.
- Mix very well, the egg yoke and the avocado will be mashed and form a nice salad dressing, and see how beautiful it is, ENJOY!. You can add more Avocado if you want it creamier.
As you have seen, it is very easy to make, it will probably take 10 minutes, What are you waiting for? Try this out and let me know how far, see you guys soon.