Nigerian Jollof Spaghetti is very popular, the way most people eat it is either white Spaghetti and stew or the Jollof way. Here’s my Jollof Spaghetti recipe and it always turns out yummylicious; My Mom likes Spaghetti so much so we make it often. Anything tagged ‘Jollof’ in Nigeria is always yummy, so lets try out my recipe.
- Cinnamon powder (1 Tablespoon)
- Fresh Fish ( Sardine)
- Scent leaf
- Scotch bonnets (Atarugu) (ground)
- Tomato paste
- Fresh tomatoes (sliced)
- Maggi cubes
- Mixed Jollof powder
- Vegetable oil
- Minced garlic
How To Cook Nigerian Jollof Spaghetti
- Add Spaghetti and salt into a pot of boiling water, boil for 6 minutes, place in a sieve, rinse with cold water and set aside.
2. Add 2 tablespoons of butter in a pan, allow the butter to melt then add sliced onions and allow to caramelise, stir constantly on low heat to avoid burning. Transsfer to a plate.
2. Place the pan back on fire, add fish,little water,one maggi cube, minced garlic and salt and allow to boil for 7 mintues and set aside.
3. In a pot, add vegetable oil, minced garlic, sliced tomatoes,pepper and tomato paste, for 3 mintues. Add the caramelised onions.
4.Add a little water, Jollof spice, 1 tablespoon of cinnamon powder, maggi cubes, salt and scent leaf.
5. Now add the spaghetti and stir,add the boiled fish ontop and allow to cook until the water is drained
And our Jollof Spaghetti is ready, lets chop it, hehehehe. please do try this out and give me feedback. Thanks for stopping by see you soon…