Who loves Pancakes, can I see your hands in the air please? Fluffy Pancake is a popular breakfast staple; they are so light and yummy and are best served hot. Here in Nigeria, we are used to flat pancakes that are pressed with the frying spoon while frying to make them even flatter, these pancakes are usually spiced up with onion and pepper, in fact we sometimes add salt and seasoning cubes to it but do not add milk and butter in this case, I should do a recipe on that soon; you guys should check out my Oat meal pancake and Pankara recipe very healthy and fitfam friendly.
Fluffy pancakes are a good to go breakfast on a weekend morning, watching a movie, biting those pancakes pairing it with oatmeal pudding, custard or pap (ogi), ohhhhh so yummy, Lets make some pancakes guys…
2 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
1 ½ tablespoon of baking powder
2 tablespoons melted butter
½ teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons sugar
2 cups milk
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla essence
- Sift the flour in a bowl because of clumps, add all the dry ingredients; salt, sugar, baking powder and mix all together
- In another bowl, add in the wet ingredients; milk, vanilla essence, eggs, melted butter and whisk. (Place the butter in your microwave for 1 minute to melt)
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix (I like using a whisk to break excess clumps)
- Heat up a teaspoon of butter in a pan on low heat
- Scoop some of the mixture into the pan and allow to cook until bubbles start to form on top
- Flip over and cook for 1 minute
- Do this till the batter finishes.
Serve with Pap, Oatmeal, Tea, custard. Enjoy!
How do you like your Pancakes, fluffy, thin, spiced up, let us know by commenting below, sure to try this recipe out, see you soon and thanks for stopping by, byeee….