Chicken stock is the liquid gotten from cooking chicken with different herbs and spices, it is used as a base for so many stews, soups or whatever food to enhance the flavour and taste; making chicken stock is as easy as boiling water, just throw in whatever spice you like into the chicken and cook it nicely, this process can be done for beef, goat meat or any other meat of choice and you can use spices that are perfectly suitable for you, use what you love because cooking is all about creativity and choice. This is just the way I make mine so I thought to share with you guys.
- Whole chicken
- 1 small chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger and garlic
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 4 Knorr chicken cubes
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried pepper
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Place a pot on fire, add in washed chicken, black pepper,dried pepper, ginger and garlic, curry powder, thyme, stock cube, salt, and onion
- Stir everything together, cover and allow to cook for about 6 minutes without water because the chicken will release its juices and soften the chicken
- At this point, add in 1 cups of water that will make up the stock then allow to cook for about 10 minutes (It didn’t take long because I used frozen chicken wchich is very soft, you can cook for a longer period if the chicken isn’t soft, it can be gotten in most stores around.
And our chicken stock is ready, this can be used to cook jollof rice, fried rice, egusi soup, stew, okra, just name it. You have seen how easy it is to make chicken stock
How do you prepare your chicken stock?
What spices do you use?
Share with me by commenting below, I’ll like to hear from you.