Here’s my delicious Spaghetti Napolitano recipe, it is a popular Italian dish, if you really want to enjoy spaghetti with that beautiful colour and taste, give this a try today. The colour just pops and makes you want to dive in. I really like this dish because of the use of red and green pepper which makes it healthy. Cooking doesn’t have to be boring, it shouldn’t be the same all the time , try this and thank me later, cos I’m a nice person, Lol.
Spaghetti Napolitano ingredients:
- Spaghetti (1 pack)
- vegetable oil ( 2 tablespoons)
- curry (3 tablespoons)
- turmeric powder (enough to make it colourful)
- seasoning cubes
- salt to taste
- sweet red pepper (Tatashi)
- Green pepper
- white pepper(1 tablespoon)
- Chicken (as needed)
- Slice onions, red pepper and green pepper and set aside.
- Grate garlic
- season and cook chicken with garlic, salt, onions, curry and cubes until tender then cut into thin strips and set aside. Also keep the stock for later use.
- Add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil, turmeric and salt to boiling water then add spaghetti to parboil for 7 minutes(do not break the spaghetti, just put it in the pot it will all go inside as it starts to boil), place in a sieve to remove excess water and rinse with cold water. By now you should see that beautiful yellowish colour popping, yah!
- Heat up vegetable oil, add garlic and sliced chicken, fry until slightly brown.
- Add the chicken stock we reserved earlier ,you can add more cubes and water as needed, but do not add too much water to avoided overcooking the spaghetti.
- Add 1 tablespoon of white pepper and the parboiled spaghetti stir allow to cook.
- Add sliced red and green peppers stir and allow to steam for a minute.
Now your Spaghetti Napolitano is ready, you can serve with any meat or fish of your choice. ENJOY.
NB :you can use beef, liver or kidney instead of chicken, remember cooking is unleashing the creativity in you. please leave your comments, questions, doubts and how this recipe turns out. See you soon peeps.