Rice is a very common food around the world and most people like it; I in particular; love rice. I remember when I was much younger with my cousins around, when mummy or other aunties cook Swallow [Tuwo, Eba or Amala], we would almost starve because of the love of RICE, Children and Rice; lol. The worst was Tuwon Dawa (Guinea Corn swallow), chai! I hate that food ehn… till today. Now that I have learnt that I have to limit carbs (Rice inclusive) it breaks my heart that I have to limit eating it; crying… but what can I do?
I was brain storming on what recipe to creat and post here for my lovely audience, then I thought of making Rice with minced beef, Cinnamon and Vegetables and the mere thought of mixing all the ingredients together made me salivate and here we are.
INGREDIENTS FOR CINNAMON MINCED BEEF VEGETABLE RICE
- 2 cups of Rice
- 1 tablespoon of ground Cinnamon
- 300g of Beef [minced]
- Seasoning cubes
- Salt to taste
- 1 large Onions
- Green Bell Pepper
- Red bell Pepper (Tatashe)
- Ginger [minced]
- Scotch Bonnets- Atarugu/ Atarodo [minced]
Before You start, wash and cut the Carrots and Onions into circles and cut the red and green Bell Peppers into square-like shapes.
- Parboil the Rice in salted water for 5 mintues, strain and rinse with cold water then set aside
- Add amount of water that will cook the rice in a pot, add 1 tablespoon of Cinnamon, chicken spice, 3 Maggi cubes, pinch of salt, minced Scotch Bonnets (Atarugu/ Atarodo) and a tablespoon of vegetable oil and stir
- Bring to a boil and add the parboiled rice, cover and allow to cook. Then set aside.
- Heat up some oil in a pan and add minced ginger and garlic, stir and sauté for 1 mintue on very low heat to avoid burning.
- Add in the sliced Onions and stir fry for about a minute.
- Add the minced Beef and stir fry for another 2 minutes
- Add seasoning cubes and stir.
- Now add in the Carrots and stir fry for 3 minutes
- Add in 4 tablespoons of Soy sauce and stir
- Pour the red and green bell peppers and stir
- Add in ½ seasoning cube and stir (remember we have seasoned the rice). Allow to simmer for some seconds
- Now place the cooked rice back on fire[very low heat] and add the stir fried vegetables and minced beef.
- Stir very well so all the ingredients are well incorporated, allow on fire for 1 minute while stirring then turn off the heat.
- Our Cinnamon minced Beef vegetable Rice is ready. The Cinnamon was scenting all over the house and Everybody was like: ‘wow’ and from the look on Their faces, I knew They could not wait to dig in.
- Serve with Salad, Chicken, Plantain or anything You like.
You Guys have to try this out because it is so yummy, when you do, please give me a feedback by commenting below; see you in my next recipe Bunnies…